News & Events
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 1994. The department offers Undergraduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG) and Ph.D degree programs that provide students with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in the Electronics and Communication Engineering. Research in the department focuses on high-impact various disciplines: Communication systems, Wireless networks, Signal and Image Processing and VLSI technologies.
In 1994, Four year B.Tech Degree programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering was started with 60 seats affiliated to University of Calicut. In the year 2000, the intake was increased to 90 and in 2002, it is further enhanced to 120. Currently, the department offers four year B.Tech programme with student intake of 120 affiliated to APJ ABDUL KALAM Technological University. In 2014, the department started M.Tech course in Communication Engineering and Signal Processing with an intake of 18 students. From 2016 onwards, the department is recognized as a place of research for offering PhD Programme of APJ ABDUL KALAM Technological University.
The B-Tech Degree course in Electronics and Communication Engineering offered by the department follows the curriculum and syllabi as well as rules and regulations of APJ ABDUL KALAM Technological University. This course is of 8 semesters and covers a period of 4 years, strictly conforms to the AICTE norms and regulations.
The department has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in 2004 and 2009 and currently the department is in the process of renewal of accreditation. Student branch of IEEE is actively functioning in the department. Students Association of the department namely Association of Electronics and Communication Engineering (AECE) organizes various curricular and co-curricular activities beneficial for the students.
To be a centre of excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering education and research to produce globally competent and socially committed professionals.
- To impart high quality education in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To provide best facilities, infrastructure and training to students and faculty members and thereby create an ambience to excel in engineering education and research.
- To have adequate mechanisms to enhance understanding of implementation of theoretical concepts in practical situations of industrial and social relevance.
Program Educational Objectives
After 3-5 years of graduation, our students will be able to do the following-
- Demonstrate engineering knowledge and competency in professional careers in industry and / or academia.
- Design, develop, test and analyze hardware and / or software systems for solving problems in a rapidly changing global economic and technological environment.
- Pursue lifelong learning in its diverse forms such as higher education, certifications and research.
- Function as an ethically and socially responsible team leader / member by effectively communicating professional knowledge among peers, customers and supervisors.
|NAME OF THE PROGRAMME:||APPROVED INTAKE|
|M Tech in Communication Engineering and Signal Processing.||Started with 18 seats in 2012|
|PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering .||Started in 2016|